Vision and Values
Our Vision Statement:
Love of Learning, Love of Life, Love of One Another
We are a Primary School where everyone grows in mind, body and spirit, with the confidence to be aspirational, independent and creative learners who enjoy their work and achieve in all aspects of their life. We seek through shared service to be happy; to flourish; to succeed through our Christian values of Respect, Forgiveness, Compassion, Aspiration, Friendship, Trust. These are all rooted in Love.
‘Life in all its fullness’ John 10:10.
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
As a Church of England Primary school, our vision is deeply rooted in a strong Christian tradition. We develop happy, young people with enquiring minds, a spirit of curiosity, respect for themselves, others and the environment so that they will have the skills, resilience and adaptability to thrive in a rapidly changing world.
The bible verses that set our vision statement in context come from the words of Jesus.
Jesus said ‘I have come that you may have life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10). He calls us to a full life in mind, body, heart and spirit. Across our Federation we believe the purpose of education is to nurture and enable every child to thrive and to be the person they are fully capable of being.
Our School works in partnership with parents, our local church and the wider Diocese to nurture confident and responsible children who respect other faiths and adopt positive roles in the community. Our Christian values are promoted in all aspects of school life and we encourage all members of our community to promote an ethos where care and respect is shown to everyone.
We are inclusive and welcoming to those of all backgrounds and faiths; all individuals are respected, supported and nurtured.
We believe that our school provides a stimulating learning environment, encourages excellence, actively promotes British values and enables children to achieve their full potential.
Ashlands Church of England Primary School is built on a Christian ethos. This is reflected in its aims and objectives for every child and adult within the schools community.
- To encourage children’s curiosity and questioning to deepen their understanding of the world around them and to respect the natural environment.
- To develop children’s awareness of self, community and global issues whilst fostering responsible behaviour and the belief that we develop with each other and that together we are more.
- To maintain a culture of challenge and high expectation, which enables individuals to reach their potential tthrough the provision of high quality teaching, support and leadership.
- To provide an engaging, relevant and fun curriculum that fosters an enthusiasm for learning and ensures children are well prepared for education, work and life.
- To encourage a culture of continuous reflection and improvement which challenges and inspires everyone to always be the best they can be.
- To celebrate, praise and encourage every child’s uniqueness and inspire children to believe that no dream is too big.
- To establish effective teamwork across the whole school community ensuring everyone’s voice is heard and valued.
It is through the coming together of staff, governors, parents and children that these aims are achieved.